Kits AI is a groundbreaking platform that allows musicians to use and create AI voices for their music production. By using a vast library of officially licensed artist voices and a set of advanced tools, artists can alter their own voices, craft unique AI voice models, or even utilize voice models of their favorite artists. This application expands the creative horizons of artists, offering a new dimension to their music-making process.
Features & Benefits
Kits AI presents a compelling collection of features designed to expand and improve the capabilities of musicians:
- Officially Licensed Artist Voice Models: Kits AI is the pioneer AI voice platform to officially collaborate with artists and release their voice models. This offers users an exclusive opportunity to incorporate the distinct voices of their favorite artists into their compositions.
- Commercial Use Model Library: The platform provides a growing library of royalty-free generic voices. This allows artists to diversify their creative output by transforming their voices into a variety of expressive vocal styles.
- Simple Voice Model Training: Artists can develop their custom voice model with ease using Kits AI. The process is streamlined – all they need to do is upload their vocals to initiate the model training.
Each feature of Kits AI has been designed to facilitate the creative process for artists:
- Ownership: Kits AI values the rights of artists, which is why it offers a fair and artist-centric approach to AI voice technology. The platform allows artists to maintain control over their voice models, thus ensuring that their unique identities are protected.
- Monetization: Artists can potentially generate new income streams through Kits AI. The platform permits artists to be compensated not only based on derivative works but also for the usage of their voice models.
- Collaboration: By working with artists for official voice model release, Kits AI creates opportunities for producers to co-release AI Voice tracks music with equitable revenue splits.
The Kits AI platform opens up a variety of real-world applications:
- Creating Demos: With Kits AI, production teams can create demos that mimic the artist’s voice, eliminating the need for the artist to be physically present.
- Audio Addition during Post-Production: The platform allows production teams to add vocals that resemble the artist’s voice during the mixing and mastering process, which can be time-saving and efficient.
- Crowdsourcing Songwriting and Recording: Kits AI’s tools can enable artists and production teams to crowdsource the songwriting and recording process, fostering a collaborative environment and producing more varied and creative results.
Pricing & Discount
When it comes to pricing, Kits AI offers a range of plans that cater to both budding musicians and seasoned producers. The Starter Plan is absolutely free and allows users to dip their toes in the world of AI voice technology. For $0, you get access to 2 starter voice slots, 10-minute/100mb datasets, queued training, and the ability to perform 3 full YouTube conversions per day.
For those looking to take their music production to the next level, the Creator Plan comes in at $25 per month and provides an array of advanced features. On top of everything offered in the Starter Plan, this package adds 3 premium voice slots, 60-minute/500mb datasets, priority training, and unlimited full YouTube conversions currently in Beta. This plan is ideal for active AI content creators and musicians who frequently train their own models.
Kits.AI Creator Plans (for musicians)
|Starter||$0||– 2 starter voice slots|
– 10-minute/100mb datasets
– Queued Training
– 3 full YouTube converts/day
|Creator||$25/month||Everything in Starter Plan, plus…|
– 3 additional premium voice slots
– 60-minute/500mb datasets
– Priority training
– Unlimited full YouTube converts [Beta]
For music producers eyeing the exclusive artist voice models, the Artist Voice Access Plan is available for $9.99 per month. In addition to the features of the Royalty-free access plan, this subscription offers official artist voice models and personal use licenses. Commercial use is granted upon approval, opening up new avenues for revenue generation and artistic collaboration.
It’s worth noting that cancelling your subscription doesn’t mean losing your premium models; they will simply be hidden until you renew your subscription.
Kits.AI Library Plans (for producers)
|Royalty-free access||$0||– AI Voice Models|
– AI Instrument Models
– Royalty-free for commercial use
|Artist Voice Access||$9.99/month||Everything in Royalty-free access plan, plus…|
– Official artist voice models
– Personal use licenses
– Commercial use upon approval
While Kits AI provides a comprehensive set of tools and features for musicians, it is essential to acknowledge certain limitations:
- Complex Vocal Techniques: Kits AI’s AI voice technology focuses primarily on single-note, monophonic vocal inputs. It may not capture the nuances of complex vocal techniques, such as harmonies, layering, or stereo effects. Musicians seeking to utilize these intricate vocal arrangements may find the platform’s capabilities limited in those specific areas.
- Model Training Time: The time required for training custom voice models can vary based on the size of the dataset. For larger datasets, the training process may take several hours. Musicians should consider the training time when planning their projects to ensure efficient workflow management.
It’s important for musicians to be aware of these limitations and assess whether Kits AI aligns with their specific creative requirements.
As with any AI technology, there are potential concerns that users might have regarding Kits AI. Let’s address some of these concerns:
- Usability: While Kits AI strives to provide a user-friendly experience, musicians may encounter a learning curve when navigating the platform and utilizing its various features. The availability of comprehensive documentation, tutorials, and customer support can greatly alleviate any usability concerns.
- Compatibility: Musicians who work with specific software or DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) might have concerns about the compatibility of Kits AI with their existing workflows. It is advisable to review the platform’s compatibility information and seek user feedback or support to address any compatibility-related queries.
By evaluating these concerns and conducting thorough research, musicians can make informed decisions about integrating Kits AI into their creative processes.
Potential Future Developments
Based on its current trajectory, industry trends, and user needs, Kits AI has the potential for several exciting future developments. These developments could further enhance the platform’s capabilities and provide even more value to musicians. Some potential future enhancements could include:
- Expanded Artist Library: Kits AI could continue to collaborate with a wider range of artists, expanding its library of officially licensed artist voice models. This would offer musicians an even greater variety of voices to explore and experiment with.
- Advanced Training Algorithms: Ongoing advancements in AI research and technology could lead to the development of more sophisticated training algorithms. Kits AI could leverage these advancements to further enhance the quality and realism of its AI voice models, enabling musicians to achieve even more authentic vocal transformations.
- Integration with Music Production Software: Kits AI could explore integrations with popular music production software and plugins, allowing musicians to seamlessly incorporate AI voice technology into their existing workflows. This integration would streamline the creative process and provide a more cohesive experience for musicians.
By keeping a pulse on industry trends and actively listening to user feedback, Kits AI has the potential to evolve and adapt, providing cutting-edge AI voice technology to musicians worldwide.
How to Use Kits AI
Creating a voice model in Kits AI involves uploading high-quality vocal data, preferably without effects and presenting one note at a time. The audio should be exported as a true mono 16-bit .wav file. Advanced users can further clean up their audio, balancing frequencies, de-essing, and subtly pitch correcting for optimal results. Here’s how to make the most of the platform:
- Transforming your voice: To transform your voice into your favorite artist’s, select the artist voice you prefer from the platform’s library and follow the simple transformation process.
- Reimagining your voice: If you want to experiment with different vocal styles, you can do so by selecting different voice models and testing how they blend with your voice.
- Creating your own AI Voice: Creating your AI voice from scratch involves creating a high-quality dataset of your vocals as per the guidelines provided, and then submitting it for model training. Once your model is ready, you can then use it in your music production.
- Submitting your AI Song for Commercial Release: If you have used an artist’s voice model in your song, you can submit your track for approval from the artist for a commercial release. Remember that any derivative work requires explicit approval from the artist whose voice model you have used.
- Private AI Voice for Your Production Team: You can also create a custom AI voice model for your own voice and share it privately with your production team. This way, they can create vocals that sound like you, even when you are not in the studio.
Remember, Kits AI gives you the power to create and experiment with AI voices, but it’s important to respect artists’ rights and seek their approval for any commercial use of their voice models.
Best Practices When Using Kits AI
To get the best out of Kits AI, users should ensure that they provide clear, clean, and well-recorded vocal samples. Variety is also key, covering their entire range and diverse vocal styles. Properly preparing the files for training and making informed choices about the training method and number of epochs can greatly influence the results.
- Maintain high-quality input: Ensure that your input vocals are dry, monophonic, and free from any background noise or effects such as reverb, delay, chorus, etc. Your vocals should be exported with no silence and consistent volume, preferably in a 16-bit lossless audio file.
- Respect artists’ rights: Always remember to obtain the artist’s approval for any commercial use of their voice models. The artists should also be properly paid and attributed when distributing your music.
- Pre-process your input: Applying subtle pre-processing techniques, like subtractive EQ, light compression, de-essing, etc., can significantly improve the quality of your AI voice model.
- Post-process your output: After the transformation, don’t hesitate to further process your output vocals to fit your track’s needs. This could include adding reverb or delay effects or adjusting the EQ.
- Patience during model training and upload: Model training can take anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours, so be patient. Similarly, the upload process might take time, especially for large files.
- Be creative but mindful: Use Kits AI as a tool to explore and expand your creative boundaries, but always remember the implications of using someone else’s voice and treat the tool with the respect it deserves.