Paperclips introduces its Copilot extension, a tool designed to assist with the creation of flashcards directly from a web browser. It allows students to convert text into flashcards for efficient study and review. Paperclips is primarily a Chrome extension facilitating the conversion of online material into a flashcard format, keeping them organized and in sync across browser tabs.
Features & Benefits
- Text Highlighting for Flashcard Creation: Allows users to highlight text and create a flashcard instantly.
- Organization and Synchronization: Keeps flashcards well-organized and synced across all tabs.
- Compatibility with Other Platforms: Enables users to export flashcards to Anki, Quizlet, PDF, and CSV formats.
- Multilingual Flashcard Generation: Automatically generates flashcards in the language of the user’s notes.
- AI-Powered Efficiency: Uses AI to produce 6-8 flashcards for every 500 words, ensuring the content is rich and relevant.
Educational institutions, online learners, and language students could find Paperclips beneficial. It streamlines the study process for researchers who gather information from various online sources. The ability to work across languages makes it useful for language learning or for students engaged in foreign studies. Professionals who engage in continuous learning and certification processes could use Paperclips to quickly create study aids from online materials.
Pricing & Discount
erclips offers both free and premium pricing options to cater to the needs of different users. Let’s take a closer look at the pricing plans:
- Free Version: Paperclips provides a free version that offers limited features to help users get started with their online studying. With the free version, users can enjoy two PDF uploads on Paperclips Web and 25 highlights per month on Paperclips Copilot. This allows users to experience the benefits of Paperclips at no cost.
- Paperclips Lite: For users seeking additional features and capabilities, Paperclips offers the Lite plan. Priced at $17 every 4 months or $37 yearly, the Lite plan provides access to unlimited PDF uploads on Paperclips Web and unlimited highlights on Paperclips Copilot. Users can also export their flashcards to various formats, including Anki, CSV, PDF, or any platform of their choice.
- Paperclips Pro: The Pro plan is designed for users who require advanced features and premium support. Priced at $47 every 4 months or $97 yearly, the Pro plan includes all the features of the Lite plan, with the addition of faster response times during peak usage, early access to new features, and priority support.
Additionally, Paperclips welcomes users to reach out to them if they have specific requirements or need higher limits for their study materials. The team is open to considering higher limits on a case-by-case basis.
- Text Highlight Limit: Restricted to 1,000 words per highlight.
- PDF Size Restriction: Each PDF upload is capped at 120 thousand words and 50MB.
- No Refunds: Due to the high costs of AI generation, refunds are not available.
Users may have concerns regarding the non-availability of refunds and the potential for unforeseen overuse leading to the need for higher limits. Compatibility with browser and data privacy, given the extension’s access to course notes and study materials, are potential usability and privacy considerations.
Potential Future Developments
Possible future enhancements for Paperclips may include broader browser support, integration with additional study platforms, and advanced AI features to improve the quality and context of flashcards. Improvements based on user feedback could lead to more customization options for flashcard creation.
How to Use Paperclips
- Install the Paperclips Copilot Chrome extension.
- Highlight text on any web page to create a flashcard.
- Organize and review flashcards within the browser.
- Export flashcards to preferred study platforms.
Best Practices for Paperclips
- Utilize the extension for online research to maximize study efficiency.
- Regularly sync and back up created flashcards across devices.
- Experiment with flashcard export formats to determine which works best with individual study habits.