Audioread is a versatile tool designed to convert written content into audio format, facilitating the consumption of articles, PDFs, emails, and other text-based documents through a user’s podcast player. This tool is available as a web app, browser extension, iOS Shortcut, and Android app, offering flexibility across different platforms. Audioread is particularly useful for multitasking, enabling users to “read” while engaging in activities like walking, driving, or cleaning.
Features & Benefits
- Multiple Platforms: Audioread can be accessed via a web app, browser extension, iOS Shortcut, or Android app.
- Email Conversion: Users can forward emails to be converted into audio.
- PDF Compatibility: Drag and drop PDFs for quick audio conversion.
- Text Flexibility: Copy and paste any text or highlight text for conversion.
- YouTube Conversion: Ability to convert YouTube text content into audio.
- Private Podcast RSS Feed: Generates a unique podcast RSS feed for personal use.
- Compatibility with Podcast Apps: Works with various podcast apps like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and more.
- Browser Extension Utility: Available for Chrome, Edge, Brave, and other Chromium-based browsers for efficient text-to-audio conversion.
- Safari Shortcuts for Apple Devices: Convert web articles to audio on macOS, iPadOS, and iOS via Safari.
- Progressive Web App for Android: Facilitates text-to-audio conversion directly in the browser for Android users.
- Converting articles to audio
- Transforming PDFs into listenable content
- Changing emails to podcasts
- Audio conversion of highlighted web text
- YouTube content audio conversion
Where can you listen Audioread?
Any podcast app such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Podcast Addict, etc.
Audioread is highly beneficial for professionals who need to stay informed but have limited time for reading, such as executives, researchers, and educators. It’s also ideal for visually impaired individuals or those with reading difficulties. The tool enhances productivity by allowing multitasking and is useful for language learners wanting to improve their listening skills.
Who is Audioread for
- Busy professionals
- Students and educators
- Visually impaired users
- Language learners
- Podcast enthusiasts
Pricing & Discount
|Words per Conversion
|Daily Word Limit
Audioread Free version
Not Available ❌
Audioread might not be suitable for users looking for nuanced human narration, as it relies on AI-generated audio. The tool’s efficacy may vary across different languages and accents.
Users might have concerns about data privacy, especially when converting sensitive documents. The tool’s reliance on internet connectivity could be a limitation for offline use.
Potential Future Developments
Future enhancements could include more natural-sounding voice options, offline functionality, and expanded language support to cater to a broader user base.
How to Use Audioread
Using Audioread is straightforward and user-friendly. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
Step 1: Choose Your Platform
- Web App: Access Audioread directly through its website.
- Browser Extension: Install the extension on Chrome, Edge, or other Chromium-based browsers.
- iOS Shortcut: For iPhone and iPad users, add Audioread via Apple’s native Shortcuts app.
- Android App: Download the Progressive Web App (PWA) for Android devices.
Step 2: Convert Your Text
- Forward Emails: Directly forward emails to Audioread for conversion.
- Drag and Drop PDFs: Simply drag your PDF files into the Audioread interface.
- Copy and Paste Text: Copy any text and paste it into Audioread.
- Highlight Text: Highlight text on web pages for quick conversion.
- YouTube Conversion: Use Audioread to convert text from YouTube videos.
Step 3: Generate Your Audio
- After submitting your text, Audioread will process and convert it into audio format.
Step 4: Access Your Audio
- Private Podcast RSS Feed: Audioread provides a unique RSS feed for your converted audio, which you can subscribe to in your favorite podcast app.
- Listen in Podcast Apps: Access your audio content in apps like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and more.
- Browser Listening: If you prefer not to use a podcast app, you can listen to your converted audio directly in the browser.
Step 5: Manage Your Content
- Keep track of your converted items.
- Organize your audio files for easy access and future listening.
By following these simple steps, you can seamlessly convert written content into audio and integrate it into your daily routine, enhancing productivity and making information consumption more convenient.